4079 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 3.10 - Create appliance Backup failed

utilisateur_hpe
Regular Visitor

OneView 3.10 - Create appliance Backup failed

Hello,

Since 2 weeks, I can't create or download backup anymore.

When I'm trying to create a new backup, I have this error : "The backup dit not complete" "Resolution: Retry the backup. If the backup fails again, restart the appliance, and then retry the backup."

I've tried to restart appliance but I still have this error.

And when i'm trying to downloading the last backup who did not failed, i have this error: "Unable to download backup. No backup exist. The backup has been deleted bu a support deump, restore or restart operation" "Resolution: Create a backup, and then retry the operation"

Resolution doesn't work either, because I can't create new backup.

I dunno what to do anymore with that...

Thanks in advance for replies.

ps: screenshots provided in attachments.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case to resolve this issue.  It appears from the symptoms, the volume where the backup is created may be out of space.  It's a guess on my part, but without a support dump, or even access to the service console, I can't say what's causing this issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Eugen Rodekuhr
Frequent Advisor

I have the same issue.

Is it possible to clear the stored backups on the appliance?

Regards

Eugen

EuRo
Generious
Occasional Advisor

Hey Eugen!!

We had the same problem yesterday 

2018-01-11 08:53:18.811 UTC,INFO ,backup-web,backup,com.hp.ci.backup.util.impl.CommandHelperImpl,e8afaadf-3f30-48bc-8d52-2ccb02ee91e3,pool-1-thread-3,waitForAsyncCommand():212,Stderr from [/usr/bin/sudo, -u, backup, /bin/gzip,
/backup_staging/edchpmgtp01_backup_2018-01-11_084940.tar]: gzip: /backup_staging/edchpmgtp01_backup_2018-01-11_084940.tar.gz: No space left on device

No possible for the end users to sort it out we needed to engage hpe support get the case sent to L2 opened a meeting room session and had to delete a whole load of files.

using rm -rf * from the correct directories as instructed by the support guys.

BR

Kevin Mullins

Eugen Rodekuhr
Frequent Advisor

Hey Kevin,

long time no talk !

I hope you are well.

Unfortenuately it seems that to open a case is the only option.

which is a mess, as this stops a lot of actions in our account.

Keep you in the loop on the solution to get it sorted.

Warm Regards

Eugen

EuRo
Eugen Rodekuhr
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

my backup issues is sorted now, it is working again.

Unfortunately there is no way to solve on your own. You must have an open support case and the need the assistence from  the HPE support. It is mandatory to connect to the oneview maintenance console. The console needs a password to use it, this password can only be generated from the HPE-Support.

This behaviour is not accetable from my point of view, but there is no other way to delete the fils which are blocking the backup.

Regards

Eugen

EuRo