1748249 Members
3477 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView - 3Com and StoreVirtual

JamieBarclay
Occasional Contributor

OneView - 3Com and StoreVirtual

Whats the current support to 3Com (H3C) switches, is a certain software version required or is it a complete no go?

Additioanlly, are they supporting storage outside of 3Par - in our case StoreVirtual P4000 Physical SANs

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hellow JamieBarclay, and welcome to the HP OneView Community.

HP OneView 1.20 only supports the HP 5900CP for FC SAN management.  Prior versions of HP OneView didn't support any HP switch.

Unfortunately, HP OneView only supports HP StoreServe storage systems today.  HP StoreVirtual VSA and P4000 are on our roadmap.  I cann't provide release dates or timeframe in a public forum.

For any questions regarding supported platforms and systems, please review the HP OneView Support Matrix (Release 1.20)located on the Enterprise Information Library (EIL).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JamieBarclay
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the reply

An additional question to this, given that the P4000's are built on DL380Gen8's, is it safe to add them as server hardware using the ilo and monitor them in this way, although there is no advantage gained to manage the storage, the physical hardware could be monitored?

An additional, is it possible to add objects not monitored or managed into the rack diagrams (under facilities), given that support of switches and things such as storage works d2700's are not listed

This would give a better view of the rack

Thanks

/Jamie

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You can add your P4000's to an HP OneVIew appliance for Monitoring only. They won't show up as P4000 devices, but DL380's.  Only add them if you want inventory and health monitoring capabilies.  I don't know if the Agentless Management Service (AMS) is part of SANiQ OS.  If not, you won't recieve pre-failure detection, as that requires the AMS to be present on the host OS.

You can add devices to racks by going to the Top Level menu, select Unmanaged Devices, and then add your device.  You can then add them to your racks, and manually place their location.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo