1748073 Members
4373 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView 4.1 when adding ilo4 1.51 has managed to wipe the server details in iLO

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

OneView 4.1 when adding ilo4 1.51 has managed to wipe the server details in iLO

I tried adding some servers to OneView, and when adding them I get an error about snmp. So then i try to log back in the iLO my old user account doesn't exist. So i use iLO config tool to add the account back on, and when i look at the summary in the iLO I see the correct server name

but product name is null

UUID is Unknown

Server serial number is Unknown

System ROM is Unknown

Backup system ROM is Unknown

Has anyone seen this before, is there a way of restoring the details back? I'm assuming OneView didn't work well with ILO4 1.51 and some how ruined it

1 REPLY 1
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 4.1 when adding ilo4 1.51 has managed to wipe the server details in iLO

Greetings,

We have seen rare instance where iLO 4 firmware version 2.53 (or earlier) unexpectedly restored itself to factory default settings when an user did not initiate the process.

In this case the iLO firmware is N-20, which is very old iLO 4 firmware revision.

Hence please upgrade iLO 4 firmware to latest as there are many fixes and enhanced functionality provided by new firmware releases.

Later add server in OneView 4.10. and check the status.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo