HPE OneView
1752807 Members
6030 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 4.1.01 - Application host name SSL cert - Create new self signed (expired)

SOLVED
Go to solution
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

OneView 4.10.1 - Application host name SSL cert - Create new self signed (expired)

Seems my post was deleted?

I am unable to see a location to generate a new self-signed SSL certificate for our OneView Applicance. I read that changing the host name will generate a new one under Networking / General, I could do this twice, once to change and once back, but that seems like a backwards way of going it.

Under Settings there is no "Actions" menu like previous versions and under Security / Certificates I can not see a place to create a new cert with in OneView.

4 REPLIES 4
BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor

Re: OneView 4.1.01 - Application host name SSL cert - Create new self signed (expired)

Hi @YYCSysAdmin

The option to re-generate the appliance self-sigend certiicate is located at

Settings -> Security (Click on the Security text, that is a hyperlink in itself) -> Look for "Actions" on the right hand side -> from the drop down menu, select -> Create appliance self-signed certificate.
This action has always been there since version 1.0. The option name got changed to "Create appliance self-signed certificate" starting OneView 4.00. Sorry that you had to look for it.
Attaching a screen shot of the same.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BhaskarV
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Create appliance self-signed certificateCreate appliance self-signed certificate

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

Thank you,

That did it.

I am however now getting this error:

The appliance is using an SCMB (State-Change Message Bus) or MSMB (Metric Streaming Message Bus) certificate created using SHA-1. SHA-1 certificates are insecure and will not be supported by most modern browsers in 2017 or by future versions of the appliance. SHA-1 certificates must be replaced by new certificates.
YYCSysAdmin
Frequent Advisor

That error seems to have disappeared, even after a restart of the Appliance (needed to get time sync changed and corrected)