1753505 Members
4978 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView 5.30.00 released

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

OneView 5.30.00 released

I started seeing documents get published over this past weekend related to new OneView release 5.30.00, and on Monday the actual bits worked their way through the publishing pipeline. 

For Synergy Composer, the release is available via the support site https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_6b9408a7f3eb4480a3efb58669 which pushes you through to myenterpriselicense.hpe.com  - be sure to select the correct .bin for your Composer generation.  This new OneView Composer 5.30.00 version is paired with new Synergy Custom SPP HPE_Synergy_Custom_SPP_2020.05.01_Z7550-96878.iso (also available via the link above) per the HPE Synergy Software Releases - Overview page.

The OneView appliance vm (non-Synergy) is available at https://myenterpriselicense.hpe.com/cwp-ui/download/null/null/null/Z7550-63180 .  This also pairs with a new SPP 2020.05.01 but I have not been able to locate that SPP version available for download either at the Support site or the Custom SPP download site

Does anyone know where I can download the regular (not the Synergy-custom) SPP 2020.05.01 ?  Ir is that still held up in the publishing pipeline?

4 REPLIES 4
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Does anyone know where I can download the regular (not the Synergy-custom) SPP 2020.05.01 ?  Ir is that still held up in the publishing pipeline?

ProLiant and Synergy will release firmware bundles independently from now onward.  There is no non-Synergy 2020.05

The OneView virtual applance (non-Synergy) does not pair with any firmware and does not require a firmware bundle.  The OVA documents minimum firmware versions only (in its support matrix document).

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Wasn't 5.2 just released in May?  Should we skip 5.2 and go right to 5.3?  What is missed or what bugs were found that a new release came out so quickly after the previous release?

DanCernese
HPE Pro

The HPE OneView development team has been completely transformed into a more agile fast moving organization.  The release of HPE OneView 5.2 quickly followed by 5.3 is the beginning of a new model of release cycle.  Stay tuned for publication of materials on the release and support policies.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
DanCernese
HPE Pro

I came back to this thread in order to connect you to the recent publication explaining the new release cycle policy:

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=a50002957enw

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo