1753720 Members
5010 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView 5.30 fails to correctly identify VC FC 16Gb for firmware update

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

OneView 5.30 fails to correctly identify VC FC 16Gb for firmware update

We have some c7000 chassis but only one of them has VC FC 16Gb (751465-B21) while all others have 8Gb FC. Current firmware for VC Ether is 4.62 and VC FC 3.09  (February 2018),and latest is 4.85/4.20. The Linux package is firmware-vceth-4.85-1.1.x86_64.rpm which the Package.xml does include the above P/N.

I added the SPP for Gen9/10 from March 2020 with the HotFix bundle from June 2020. I also loaded the above Linux RPM and the Windows EXE into OneView and build a custom firmware bundle.

When checking the Firmware compliance it shows correctly that it will update OA, VC Eth and VC FC 8Gb but it does not list the VC FC 16Gb. And when you try to update it says the bundle does not include firmware for the VC FC 16Gb.

There have been 4 VC firmware updates since 4.62, namely 4.63, 4.75, 4.80 and 4.85 and at least 3 SPP, namely September 2019, December 2019 and March 2020. All 3 of these SPPs are in our OneView instance yet it will not match the VC firmware with these VC FC 16Gb modules.

1 REPLY 1
BH_S
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 5.30 fails to correctly identify VC FC 16Gb for firmware update

Hello Uzimmermann,

Good Day.

We have found issues in updating VC FC 16GB modules in previous Oneview versions, and suspect same is seen in v5.30 as well. We need to validate this from dump.

However to verify this please let us know the message or error you get in Oneview/Activity log regarding the firmware update failure only for VC FC 16GB module? Please check if there is any error message as below:

"Unable to update firmware for the logical interconnect  XXX as selected SPP  XXX does not contain the firmware image for the following interconnects"

Try to create Custom SPP,  ONLY add the firmware for Virtual Connect. and check if that works.

If issue still seen, we need LE dump of the respective enclosure on which VC FC 16GB module is installed to check this further.

Hence please log a new support case for this issue to investigate this further.

Regards.

HPE Employee.

I am an HP Employee

Accept or Kudo