HPE OneView
1753502 Members
4766 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView 5.5 (HyperV) adding SPP to profile fails with The firmware update operation fails

Luke_Y
Advisor

OneView 5.5 (HyperV) adding SPP to profile fails with The firmware update operation fails

Hello.

i have added  16 blades to OneView 5.5  when adding spp  (2021.05.00)to the profile 
it failes with The firmware update operation was unable to update one or more components on server (SHFW_035).

it fails to update the firmware settings when SPP is added  on:

Stage Firmware

Stage failed

updating the profile excluding the SPP ,the server then applies the profile ok

manually mounting the iso (SPP) to the blade works as well (running deployment manually).

the blades are a different firmware.

any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
DanCernese
HPE Pro

Re: OneView 5.5 (HyperV) adding SPP to profile fails with The firmware update operation f

It's possible the iLO on those blades is not compatible.  Is there any pattern?   You'll need to open a support case to dig into more details about which pacakage is failing against what is on the blades.

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Luke_Y
Advisor

Re: OneView 5.5 (HyperV) adding SPP to profile fails with The firmware update operation f

@DanCernese  thank you for the reply.

the blades are BL460c Gen9 and they are supported in oneview 5.5

the iLo versions are v2.60 & 2.80

the pattern that i see that all the 16 blades pass everything till they get to the firmware stage and then fail.

DanCernese
HPE Pro

There are some important notes on this page https://techlibrary.hpe.com/us/en/enterprise/servers/products/service_pack/spp/index.aspx?version=2021.05.0 about updating Gen9 servers that you may want to review.  Otherwise I'd suggest a support case to dig into the details of the failed component(s).

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Without looking at the Apply Server Profile task details, a support case should be created to triage this further.  Do know that the Apply or Edit task will show the various steps performed and is supposed to indicate where the failure happened.  But there are certain cases where the task doesn't show a detailed explanation, mainly when an individual component doesn't install correctly.  That is where support logs provided to a support engineer would be needed to identify what is happening.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo