HPE OneView

OneView - Available licenses shows 1 less than reality

andrewatlinx
Occasional Visitor

OneView - Available licenses shows 1 less than reality

Hi,

All 49 servers that I have added to OneView are set to Monitored only. I have a HPE OneView Advanced license valid for 64 servers.

However in the Licenses panel it shows 1 server is licensed and there are only 63 available.

If I click on the `1 server licensed` link, it opens up the Server Hardware panel with the filter `?f_suri=/rest/licenses/license-product/10667-1&f_an=license-entitlement` but there are no matching results.

So there is a "phantom" server using up a license that cannot be found.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: OneView - Available licenses shows 1 less than reality

Does there was any server which was added before and removed later.

And now that server is not a part of OneView appliance.

Because we have seen these scenerioes, where server were added and removed but those server already consumed the OneView Advance licenses and which will not released while removing from OneVIew appliance.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
andrewatlinx
Occasional Visitor

Hi @AmRa, thanks for the reply.

Yes, there was a HPE DL385p Gen8 server that was added for testing purposes. That server has since been removed and decommissioned.

AmRa
HPE Pro

These licenses are consumed by server at the time of adding into OneView appliance as managed and once license consumed cannot be released from OneView GUI mode for decommissioned servers.

We would suggest raise support ticket with HPE tech support team for further assistance.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo