5660 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView Extension Windows Admin Center Offline Installation

NogNog
Advisor

OneView Extension Windows Admin Center Offline Installation

Hello Community

I have a question regarding the Oneview Server Extension for the Windows Admin Center

At our company the WAC is in an environment without internet access.So I downloaded the .nupkg file and created my own extension feed.

Now I see the extension but when I try to install it, this error occurs:

"Couldn't install the extension: 'HPE OneView WAC Extension'. Error: Failed to install package hpe.oneview.wac. Error: Unable to connect to the remote server"

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

This appears to be a Microsoft issue, not something with our plugin, as I found this question over on the Microsoft Tech Community asking a similar question with the same issue you are reporting.  Are you able to install other plugins in this manner?

Update 2:  Brian Posey wrote a blog about how to setup WAC without Internet connectivity.  Others are reporting similar issue you have in the comments.  So I don't believe this is an issue HPE can help you fix.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

NogNog
Advisor

Thank you for your answer. I tried to install the extension on another Windows Admin Center Environement. The settings are all the same like in the previous environement.

The Installation failed and this error occured: Couldn't install the extension: 'HPE OneView WAC Extension'. Error: Error(s) validating platform integrity.

Can you help me with this?

Kind Regards

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would reach out to Microsoft first.  This appears to be an issue with WAC, not the plugin.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

NogNog
Advisor

Hello

I have another question: On this Website OneView Extension is written:

"This extension uses HPE OneView as the data provider. The Windows Admin Center server must have connectivity to HPE OneView."

Does this mean I need to just have a connection to ping the server, and for example to connect on the server?

And my other question is about this:

"- To support trusted communication between the Windows Admin Center server and HPE OneView, the appropriate certificate has to be imported into the trust store of Windows Admin Center.
o If the HPE OneView appliance certificate is self-signed, extract the HPE OneView appliance certificate and import it into the trust store of Windows Admin Center.
o If the HPE OneView appliance certificate is signed by an external certificate authority, import the appropriate CA certificate into the trust store of Windows Admin Center."

Do I need to import these certificates or is this just optional?

Kind regards

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The WAC host must be able to connect via HTTPS to the HPE OneView appliance(s).

As for appliance certificates, the self-signed certificate that every OneView appliance generates must be added to the WAC hosts system trusted certificates store.  If the appliance has a CA signed certificate, then the issuing CA must be added to the same system certificate store.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

NogNog
Advisor

Thank you for the help. Where exactlly can I find the "WAC hosts system trusted certificates store"?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The easiest is with MMC, by adding Certificates snapin.  You would need to specify Computer as the target, and then select Local Computer (if doing this from the local server), or specify a remote server if doing this from a remote Windows host.

You could use PowerShell to add certs, but that is an advanced process.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

NogNog
Advisor

Thank you for the information.

Which Folder in the MMC Certificate SnapIn is it exactly where I need to import ot?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Trusted Root Certificate Authorities

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo