1752320 Members
5337 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView Gen10 ESXi 6.7 Firmware Steps

MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

OneView Gen10 ESXi 6.7 Firmware Steps

Has anyone had luck updating firmware on a Gen10 using OneView and the embedded iSUT agent in ESXi 6.7?

Error I'm getting in OneView when changing the Server Profile FW baseline:

Issue 

Firmware update using Smart Update Tools is not currently supported for this server hardware, when the OS deployed is ESXi.

Resolution 

Retry the operation by selecting the "Firmware only" option in the server profile.

2 REPLIES 2
MV3
HPE Pro

Re: OneView Gen10 ESXi 6.7 Firmware Steps

Hi,

Good day!

Looks like the we have addressed this issue in our latest advisory. Please find the below link for refernce.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00064337en_us&docLocale=en_US

This issue will be resolved in a future release of Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP).

Select one of the following workarounds:

Use the "Managed Manually" option in the server profile for the firmware baseline and update the firmware outside of OneView.

OR

Create a custom SPP by removing the Mellanox firmware packages and update the Mellanox firmware outside of OneView.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Re: OneView Gen10 ESXi 6.7 Firmware Steps

I appreciate the response; however, this has NOTHING to do with my hardware or the error I received in OneView.  The error I receive does not fail with a specific driver. 

Community/Forum: please provide successful experience with Gen10 ESXi 6.7 firmware updates with OneView.