6134 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView Global Dashboard v1.0 LDAP configuration

Lodewijk
Occasional Advisor

OneView Global Dashboard v1.0 LDAP configuration

Hello all,

I installed the Global dashboard last week in our test environment. This GD will be a very welcome add-on to the environment where we have various sites with loccal oneview appliances but we have central monitoring and administration.

I tried to setup the Active directory configuration to our AD but failed to configure. Are their clear examples available or did someone manage to use the GD with AD integration.

Another question is, if AD integration is succesful, is it possible to do SSO to the OneView Appliances?

Thanks,

Lodewijk van den Berg

4 REPLIES 4
CraigWhilding
Occasional Visitor

Re: OneView Global Dashboard v1.0 LDAP configuration

I've deployed a GD VM too and had AD issues, i'd tried to configure AD the same as the main OneView appliances i've hooked into it.

Mind i've also struggled hooking in the OneView appliances to it with their FQDN's instead of IP address.

Lodewijk
Occasional Advisor

I managed to setup de AD integration without problems. Just deleted the old entries and not modifying them. Created a new one did do the job.

Lodewijk

RobinR

I managed to configure the directory services.

Is there a way to make the group you add an "Infrastructure Administrator" instead of the default "Operator"?

And is there a way to set the newly created domain as the default in the login screen?

Cottoc
Advisor

I am currently running into an issue similar to this with the  1.1 version of OVGD. I am able to add a directory server to my LAB instance, but am unable to add one to my production instance. The main difference between the two environments would be that my LAB environment, the directory server has a Self-Signed Cert, but the production directory has a Cert issued by an enterprise CA. The directory integration on OneView itself gave me trouble until they exposed the ability to manually add a cert when adding a directory server.

Thoughts?

-cottoc