108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView Global Dashboard

SOLVED
Go to solution
BradV
Esteemed Contributor

OneView Global Dashboard

Because our systems are in different geographic locations, I recently added a second OneView instance.  On 24 Dec, I added a Global Dashboard device to see both instances in one location.  I added our internal CA certificate and connected both OneView instances.  This morning, when I came in and logged in to the Global Dashboard, it showed nothing.  I went to the dashboard tasks and saw an error related to the CA certificate dated 11 Dec - 13 days before I even installed the device?  The recommended actions is re-import the certificate under Settings -> Security -> Manage certificates.  There is no "Security" option under settings.  What happened to my settings?  I already had the root certificate in and had connected both OneView instances.  Why is the date so wrong?  Why is the recommended action pointing to a non-existent path?  Is this going to keep happening eveytime I set it up?

4 REPLIES 4
BradV
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

My goof.  Apparently while floating around in the Caribbean, I forgot that I had installed a global dashboard, but had not set it up. 

However, my statement about the recommended action still applies.  It is incorrect.  The global dashboard I installed on 24 Dec is still there and working.

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for this feedback! 

it's probably obvious that the message is a result of the common base software used by OneView and OneView Global Dashboard. We will be looking at how to resolve the issue.

I am an HPE employee

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Another item that needs fixed is getting the API current version.  For OneView, I use: 

# Get API current version:
currentVersion=$(curl --insecure --header "accept: application/json" --request GET ${OneView}/rest/version | jq -r ".currentVersion")

So, I tried the same code with global dashboard.  I got back 1200 and that sounded correct.  Attempted to use that, but it did not.  Not until after reading the documentation some more did I learn I should just set the global dashboard API version to 2.  The same API code should work to get the correctly supported version.   

Bruce_Lundeby
Frequent Advisor

You're right. The API should be providing the version. I've filed a product defect for the issue. Thanks!

I am an HPE employee