cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView Interconnect Update Firmware Issue

Simon-Heather
Occasional Contributor

OneView Interconnect Update Firmware Issue

I've just run through the process of updating the interconnect firmware on a OneView v1.20 managed enclosure for the first time and have come across an issue with the firmware activation.

The test enclosure I was using contains two HP VC FlexFabric 10Gb/24-Port modules in bays 1 and 2 that were running firmware v4.30 and I was updating them to v4.31 using the “HP Service Pack For Proliant OneView 2014 11 13 version 2014.11.3.05” firmware baseline that comes bundled with OneView v1.20.

I selected to stage the firmware for later activation and once this was complete I then selected to activate the firmware. According to the help pages, there should be Ethernet activation, Delay and Fibre Channel activation options (odd/even, Serial, Parallel) at this point, but I don't see any of these. The dialog looks as in the attached screen shot. Selecting OK then continues to update the interconnects straight away in parallel, causing connectivity loss to hosts in the enclosure.

I can obviously manually select one interconnect at a time to manage the host connectivity loss, but according to the help, OneView should be able to do this for me. Is this functionality missing?

I haven’t yet tried a “stage + activate” firmware update in one step, but again, I don’t see any activation options on the dialog.

1 REPLY
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: OneView Interconnect Update Firmware Issue

The documentation is not as clear as it should be.  You can control which modules are activated, just not the order or the delay.  The documentation will be updated to reflect this correction.  However, the on appliance documentation might not be updated.  The documentation that certainly will is at http://hp.com/go/oneview/docs.