1752340 Members
5753 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView Issues Power Supply Critical Alert for Proliant Gen7 Servers

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

OneView Issues Power Supply Critical Alert for Proliant Gen7 Servers

Recently I have received some alerts from HPE OneView showing that there is an issue with the power supply subsystem.

The alert message is "The overall condition of the fault tolerant power supply subsystem is critical"

Checked through the event logs in the iLO and there is no indication where there is a power supply failure. Even running Insight Diagnostics shows that the power supply is running fine.

Is this a false alert issued by HPE OneView?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The alert will show up if the iLO reports it via an SNMP trap or status poll.  Did you check the IML on the iLO?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

Yes, I have already checked the IML and there is nothing which states that there is a power supply problem.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

I see the same for HBA problems, Oneview report an error with a HBA and if i look at the server trough ILo and search the IMl for recent problems i don't see the error. Status under NIC's is also OK. Overall server health is also okay. So what is the problem? 

Kind regards,

Andrew
MTeoc
Occasional Visitor

DId anyone find a resolution to the false Alert on the Power Supply Bad Poll message?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @MTeoc,

Thank you for writing to us! You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button if you facing the issue, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo