Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneView: Mass clear warnings

vanz
Occasional Contributor

OneView: Mass clear warnings

Hi Everyone,

I am strugling with a lot of old warnings on numerous servers in my appliance (version 2.00.02). I am wondering if you know a way to mass celar warnings in OneView. Maybe using Powershell or something else. I have more than 1000 activities and clearing them manually will be nightmare.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: OneView: Mass clear warnings

Your only option really is to use the REST API.  Yes, you can use the PowerShell library to retreive alerts and then to clear them:

Get-HPOVAlert -State Active | Set-HPOVAlert -Cleared
Syed_UAE
Occasional Visitor

Hello Chris,

Could you eloborate more on this, I have a similar problem, lots of hardware errors in one view, I want to manually clear all the events. The command you have given, will it clears all the alerts or is there soem other way to clear the events.

Syed Maqdoom Ali
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

The command I provided above will retrieve all Active alerts.  Then they will be passed to the command that will update the state of the alert.  If the Alert is not Locked, then it will be cleared.  Otherwise, an error will be generated that it cannot be cleared.  For Locked alerts, you need to fix the physical issue of the resource in question first, which OneView should then automatically clear the Locked alert.