1753951 Members
7699 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView Notification Alert Format

Hustle-Flow
Occasional Visitor

OneView Notification Alert Format

In HP SIM I could configure the alert message format to standard (from HTML), can this be done in OneView? If so, how?

I need this for a runbook I have that doesn't like the formatting of the HTML alert messages from OneView.

HF

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro

Greetings,

HPE OneView can be used as a proxy to forward device traps from servers and enclosures (OA) to other SNMP-enabled applications on the network. HPE OneView can forward traps, as SNMPv3 or SNMPv1 traps, to configured destinations.

Appliance SNMP settings allow you to add destinations to which the traps need to be forwarded. You can configure each destination as an SNMPv1 or SNMPv3 destination, depending on whether the traps are sent in SNMPv1 or SNMPv3 formats.

HPE recommends using the message bus process to capture state changes in most cases as it provides more categories and a richer set of alerts. It is the preferred method as ISV integrations can consume the message bus directly. Instead of forwarding traps, you can specify the types of alerts that are relevant for your application and understand their state in depth using the message bus. The message bus provides access to all alerts that HPE OneView displays, including both alerts that come from traps as well as from additional monitoring built into HPE OneView. For a complete picture, the SCMB should be used. However, to support use with legacy systems, SNMP trap forwards are available from HPE OneView as well.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Hustle-Flow
Occasional Visitor

Amra,

Not sure you understood my question - I need to change the format of the OneView alert emails from HTML to plaintext. HP SIM provided the ability to change the email alert formating but OneView apparently does not unless I've missed the setting.

HF