108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView Panel Syntax

SOLVED
Go to solution
astacy
Advisor

OneView Panel Syntax

I am trying to create a custom dashboard panel in OneView.  I can't seem to get the query syntax correct.  I want the panel to display every server that has the alertTypeID: server-hardware.mp.ILOUnreachable.  I am using iLO 5.  Currently my Resource is set to Server-Hardware.  Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
DaveArko
Occasional Advisor
Solution

I was able to get it to work by using:

Resource: alerts
  Query:    alertTypeID:server-hardware.mp.ilounreachable

--Dave

MV3
HPE Pro

You can try adding by selecting resource type as Alerts and it should work 

cheers.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
astacy
Advisor

That works.  Just had to add a couple NOT commands to filter out cleared items.  Thanks!

BPOS
Visitor

Where can I find all the event id types?  I want to set up alert filters and the "guided" option is too vague and the Advanced option assumes you know the types--it's a Catch-22 and extremely frustrating.  I need to filter on granular events so I can direct the alerts to the appropriate resources.  Is there a document that lists all the alert id types?

astacy
Advisor

In OneView go the the server that has the error you are looking for, then go to the activity log.  One you locate the error you are looking for under 'Notes' you will find a tab next to "Event Details" click that and you will see the alert ID.  Hope that helps!  Its till hard to build one from there that works.  I had to create a ticket with HPE and its been open for weeks.  They still haven't figured it out.  SMH

Mitch-K
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

HPE Publishes an Error Messaeg Guide for OneView that lists all the alert messages that can come up. It's a big PDF, but it should contain what you're looking for.

HPE OneView 5.4 Error Message Guide

Hope that link works.