1753488 Members
4484 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView Rack and Apollo 2000 chassis/XL170r

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

OneView Rack and Apollo 2000 chassis/XL170r

OneView needs an improvement when it comes to placing Apollo 2000 chassis and it's 4 slots for XL170r. Right now I have to basically created an unmanaged device for 2U as a placeholder for the chassis and then can't place the actual XL170r systems, so I can't track which cabinet their are in.

4 REPLIES 4
AmRa
HPE Pro

May I know the OneView version  you are using.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

5.30, although one of our appliance I updated to 5.40 last night and haven't checked if anything there changed.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

At this time, OneView treats Apollo servers a rack mount servers, even if they are sleds within a rack chassis (like the XL170r model you have).  Thank you for your input we've noted your feedback for possible future product enhancement consideration.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

In conjunction with Racks and Data Center, I really believe this needs to move into Global Dashboard, considering that your have different instances for DL/c7000/Apollo and Synergy. So right now I got a nice layout in our appliance, but it is missing the two cabinets where we have two instances of Synergy in as that data isn't shared.