5895 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView Remote Support Settings missing after iLo reset on BL460c Gen9

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

OneView Remote Support Settings missing after iLo reset on BL460c Gen9

Hello,

I have a customer that has OneView 3.0 with Remote Support enabled on a c7000 with several BL460c Gen8 and Gen9 blades.  Several of these blades experienced a REST API error on server POST where it reccomended that the iLo be reset to factory defaults so that was performed.  When the server hardware was rediscovered in OneView it seemed to be fine and the POST error was gone on reboot.  The issue I found was that OneView did not push back down the Remote Support settings to the iLo so it was not registered with remote support according to the iLo.  OneView still showed the hardware with remote support enabled but it was actually out of sync with the iLo and I had to manually register the Remote Support on the iLo to point to the OneView appliance.

I would like to see if this is expected behavior and was hoping that a future version of OneView would make all the settings on the iLo consistent including Remote Support settings.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The Rest API error you saw during POST is a cosmetic error in the original Gen9 Snap 1 System ROM images.  If you upgrade the System ROM to the 2016.10 SPP, the message will go away.  As for the Remote Support issue, you need to configure the Enclosure, not the individual servers.  Once you save the Remote Support Settings at the Enclosure, they will be replicated to the associated servers within the enclosure.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

Chris,

The servers in question had already had the SPP 2016.10 applied to them as well as Remote Support applied to the enclosure for months before the REST issue began.  I believe the problem started when I updated to Intelligent Provisioning for Windows 2.50 from 2.40.79 and performed fresh Windows 2016 installs on these blades which is about the time I started receiving the REST error.  The reason I posted here is that the enclosure as well as the server hardware showed that Remote Support was enabled on the blades in question but they were not synchronized with OneView after resetting the iLo settings to factory defaults.  OneView did push almost every setting back down to the blades by refreshing the server hardware and reapplying the server profile to it but it did not push Remote Support to the iLo and I had to manually perform that task.