4984 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: OneView for vCenter 9 Server Error

UlamSys
Occasional Contributor

OneView for vCenter 9 Server Error

Hello,

We upgraded our vCenter server to 6.5U1 (Appliance) and decided to Install OneView for vCenter.

We have OneView 4 installed and OneView for vCenter 9. Registration of the vCenter in the appliance succeeded but when we go in vSphere web client to administration tab > 'Certificate Management' we get this error:

"Internal server error has occured. Please try after some time."

When we try to enter global device credentials we get this error:

"Unable to communicate with the server .Please check the server logs."

We configured the ov4vc appliance like the procedure in the documentation.

The vCenter, OneView and OV4VC is in the same subnet, no firewall between them.

How can we solve this issue?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Harish_K
Occasional Visitor

1. Are u still facing the issue?

2. From which vCenter client are you using? Can you access the vCenter using the HTML UI and let me know whether it works?

3. It would be good see some screenshots of the issue. Also press F12 in chrome to open debugger and see what the console log comes like. If possible post the console log errors if any.

UlamSys
Occasional Contributor

1. yes

2. Both HTML5 and Flash not working

3. It's in an offline environment so I cannot upload screenshots or logs. The error message is exacly as I wrote earlier.

Thanks.

Yazzi
Advisor

I had an issue like this with cert management and adding a OV appliance and in the end I had to connect to VC using the FQDN of the vCentre cert that was created when the VC was first setup.  Normally not an issue but the hostname was changed after VC was deployed.