HPE OneView
1752590 Members
3837 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView for vCenter (OV4VC) 9.0.0 can't see HPE management icon in vCenter Web Client 6.0.0 U3

Fachbereich Informatik
Occasional Visitor

OneView for vCenter (OV4VC) 9.0.0 can't see HPE management icon in vCenter Web Client 6.0.0 U3

I have deployed OV4VC 9.0.0 from the OVA and successfully added vCenter from OV4VC management page (https://ov4vc.domain.name/ui/index.html) but vCenter Web Client still doesn't show the HPE Management icons. Tried deleting/adding/refresh and waited 2 days but still not there. Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Fachbereich Informatik
Occasional Visitor

Re: OneView for vCenter (OV4VC) 9.0.0 can't see HPE management icon in vCenter Web Client 6.0.0 U3

I have some updates and I am one step further but not at the end ;-)

After a reboot of Virtual VC Appliance I can see the HPE Management icon. No I would like to register our 3PAR System in OV4VC but everything I try will be failed.

The goal of this effort is to see the deduplication rate of attached 3PAR Volumes to ESXi Hosts insight the vCenter. That's all I want and nothing more.

I tried every login and destination (StoreServer Mgmt Console, SP Processor or direct to Storage). I'm sure it is not a firewall problem and I checked the log files of firewall

Configuration isc-ips02 - Systems - 3PAR StoreServ

SMI-S CIM Server
  1. Service
    Enabled
  2. SLP
    Enabled (Port 427)
  3. HTTP
    Enabled (Port 5988)
  4. HTTPS
    Enabled (Port 5989)
  5. Replica entity policy
    Enabled

VASA Provider
WSAPI Provider
  1. Service
    Disabled
  2. URL
  3. HTTP
    Disabled (Port 8008)
  4. HTTPS
    Enabled (Port 8080)
  5. Timeout
    15 Minutes

The requirements to integrate a 3PAR System are (Installation Guide) :

HPE 3PAR StoreServ requires:
◦ Network connectivity to the management port of the HPE
3PAR StoreServ
◦ CIM provider must be enabled
◦ SSH service must be enabledTo verify, log into the
storage system’s management server as an administrator.
Install the HPE 3PAR OS Command Line Interface and
run it. If you can log into it, the SSH service is running and
enabled.

From my point of view we fulfil this requirements.

The error message is :

Add general - Storage Systems - HPE OneView for VMware vCenter

Unable to retrieve certificate.

Could not connect to: 10.106.2.13:5989

So I can't even get the certificate.

My questions :

1. Where I have to connect exactly by the registration (StoreServ Management Console, Storage Process,  3PAR Direct ...) ?
  2. Does somebody have some experience with integrating 3PAR Systems to OV4VC 

(see attached file)

if you need any information just let me know and I apreciate any help

Cheers Thomas

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: OneView for vCenter (OV4VC) 9.0.0 can't see HPE management icon in vCenter Web Client 6.0.0 U3

> Where I have to connect exactly by the registration (StoreServ Management Console, Storage Process,  3PAR Direct)?

Have you tried with the HPE 3PAR Remote CLI Client?  With ssh to the array?

frenchy94
Regular Advisor

You must enter 3PAR credentials (3PARdata) from OV4VC GUI in order to discover storage
Provenance : Courrier pour Windows 10
Harish_K
Occasional Visitor

Yes....you should be adding the storagesystem in the OV4VC appliance UI. It can be accessed by typing the OV4VC Ip-address in the browser.

Fachbereich Informatik
Occasional Visitor

Yes. I can connect with the ssh client to array.

Fachbereich Informatik
Occasional Visitor

I have already tried with this user and the appropriate passwort, but with noch success

Fachbereich Informatik
Occasional Visitor

OneView.jpg

Maybe this picture will help .

carlosamunoz
Visitor

WE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM..

WHAT WAS THE FIX?