1753370 Members
5110 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView for vCenter

SOLVED
Go to solution

OneView for vCenter

Is this the right place to ask questions on OneView for vCenter?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes. What questions do you have?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Does OneView for vCenter work with vCenter appliance? I did not see that as a requirement but my attempts to make it work with the appaliance have always failed.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, it does. I have a lab full of vCenter virtual management appliances, and the plugin uses them all. You need to make sure that you use a VMware SSO account to connect and install the plugin with when prompted for the vCenter information during installation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Let me update you on what I have been doing.

I have a group named let's say...Group1 in AD.

Group1 is in the Administrators group in vCenter SSO.

I created a windows 2012 R2 Std server... let's name it as Server1

Joined to the domain, added Group1 to the Administrators group in Server1.

Logged off and logged in as user1 in Group1

Installed vCenter for OneView 7.4.2 on Server1.

Used the FQDN of the vCenter server in the vCenter configuration

Used the same credentials as the logged in user to connect to vCenter

Logged off vCenter and logged back in

Did you notice anything going wrong here?

It was very silly. A reboot of the appliance fixed it. Now I have couple of other issues.

1. Credentials for "HP Management Software Integration-> Server Module Credentials-> HP OneView Controllers" is not accepting a domain user. (This user is in a group that has Ifrastructure Admin rights in OneView). I used the Administrator account to add OneView.

2. The dreaded message "There is no Virtual Connect information available for this host." when I try to display the virtual connect netwrok diagram.

Except on one occassion with Insight Control, I haven't seen the network diagram displayed. Several customers are experiencing the same issue. Unfortunately, there are not much out there to troubleshoot this.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

1. Using LDAP Directory Users isn't a feature of the plugin. Use a local appliance Infrastructure Admin account.
  2. Have you added iLO and OA credentials as well?  If not, they are required, not just a OneView "controller".

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo