New Discussion юеВ

Re: OneView installation on a standalone Rhel 7 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sandeep9
Occasional Advisor

OneView installation on a standalone Rhel 7 server

Hi Team,

We are planning to deploy OneView in our environment and I have been reading and going through with the documentation. As far as i have understood from them that, the OneView comes as a ready2use VM appliance and we have dploy it to an ESXi or hyperV platform. 

However, we do not have a virtual (hyperV) environment where we can install. So, want to know if there is a way we can install OneView as a software on an existing Rhel 7 server just like we did for HP SIM?

Regards,

Sandeep

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

HPE OneView is delivered as a virtual appliance that can be hosted on VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or Red Hat Enteprise Linux KVM.  Please see the HPE OneView Support Matrix and Installation Guide hosted on the HPE Information Library for the release you are trying to install.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Sandeep9
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply Chris!

Yes, I have went through the docs and they mention it can be installed via OVA. But we wanted it to install as a software on a DL server running Rhel 7. Is there a possibility to do that?

Regards,

Sandeep

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

As I have stated already, the software is delivered as a virtual appliance only.  There are no options to deploy it as a baremetal application.  You need to host it as a virtual machine.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmRa
HPE Pro

OneView appliance VM also available for RHEL, which you can deploy on RHEL host.

You can download TAR.GZ file (eg. HPE_ONEVIEW_5.50.00_KVM_Z7550-96988.TAR.GZ ) from below link to deploy OneView appliance VM on RHEL host.

https://www.hpe.com/in/en/resources/integrated-systems/oneview-trial.html?parentPage=/in/en/products/integrated-systems/management-software

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ShinyJ

I am unable to login to the HPE oneview 6.6 GUI with the default username and password.