108786 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView reporting UUID invalid after MB replacement

SOLVED
Go to solution
FabSan
Occasional Advisor

OneView reporting UUID invalid after MB replacement

I had a MB failure on a blade. it was replaced and its now saying "The server hardware does not have a valid UUID" The resolution is to set the appropiate value in the RBSU. But i cant even power on the blade until a profile is applied.

also, how do i change the license from "HP OneView Advanced w/o" iLO to "HP OneView Advanced"......

5 REPLIES 5

Re: OneView reporting UUID invalid after MB replacement

Hello,

I think you need to power down the server, remove the profile, reboot and change UUID in the RSBU, power down the server, reapply profile, and restart.

For the second part, you cannot change licence without remove the enclosure (and all profiles) from OneView, and add it with the correct licencing.

Everyone is ok with my answers ?

Loïc, from AntemetA, France
FabSan
Occasional Advisor

Hi, thanks for your response.

The server is completely powered off. I did manage to force remove the profile.

When I refresh in Server Hardware it gives outputs the message. "Unable to determine whether the UUID of the server is valid". I even tried refreshing the enclosure.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

As it was pointed out above, you must power on the server into RBSU, and update the Serial Number.  Whomever replaced the system board of your server didn't complete that step.  If it was an authorized HP Support representative, I would contact them to correct this mistake.  You can't change the UUID, as it is generated from the Serial Number and Part Number of the server.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

FabSan
Occasional Advisor

Hi Chris,.

He came back and fixed it. He was HP authorized.

I wasnt able to turn it on. it said "must apply VC profile first" or similiar.

Thanks!

KBengtson
Occasional Advisor

Chris,

I have had a few of these situations with some BL460c-GEN8 blades.

Each time the system board was replaced due to iLO issues, the technician did in fact update the serial number and product ID in the RBSU.

When the server reboots, the product ID field is not being updated to the OA.

HP Proactive Support informed me that there was an HP Advisory issued, and the fix is a firmware update that is in the 2015.060 version of the SPP.

The alternate solution, as this is what corrected all three of my issues, was to power cycle the server a second time. (removed it from the enclosure and reseated it)

That corrected the missing Part number field in the OA, and therefore OneView was happy once again.

(I did try the Server Reset "bay#" command from the OA CLI, and that resulted in a worse condition with one of the blade servers, as I lost several iLO settings, including the Advanced license key) after issuing that command.