HPE OneView
1752802 Members
5491 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

OneView server profile error - connection status Unknown and can't apply profile *HELP*

y2kade
Occasional Contributor

OneView server profile error - connection status Unknown and can't apply profile *HELP*

Hello OneView enthusiasts...

I'm having an issue applying a server profile to a handful of our Proliant BL 460c Gen9 blades and I'm not quite sure what I'm missing.  First off, I'm new to using OneView so bare with me and hopefully this will be an easy one to fix.  Here's what I'm working with...

OneView appliance 2.00.02-0219211

C7000 chassis w/ Proliant BL460c Gen9 blades running ESXi 6.5

Under Server Hardware, when I view the Blade Server's setting, the Hardware state shows 'Profile Error' and when I try to assign the profile to the blade, the server profile is not listed under the Server Hardware drop down menu.

I believe the problem is that my Server Profiles connection status is showing up as Unknown.  When I look at the assigned connections... they match the same configurations that are assigned to the blades on either side of the blades. 

Any thoughts on what steps I should take to troubleshoot further?  Should I remove and re-add the connections?  Thanks in advance for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
y2kade
Occasional Contributor

Re: OneView server profile error - connection status Unknown and can't apply profile *HELP*

One more thing to add...

Under my Server Profile connections, each of Interconnects are showing 'pending assignment'.  Is this what might be causing the connections to show up as Unknown?

ronissac
Trusted Contributor

Re: OneView server profile error - connection status Unknown and can't apply profile *HELP*

HI  ,

There are numerour reason why this could be happening.

Please log a support case with HPE as we need to check the Oneview support dump for the cause of the profile errors

You may log a support ticket from the below link

https://internal.support.hpe.com/portal/site/hpsc/scm/submitCase

Regards

Ronny

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo