New Discussion юеВ

OneView vs IRS

SOLVED
Go to solution
RogerVI
Regular Advisor

OneView vs IRS

Hi

I need one solution for remote support with automatic generation of tickets and for accelerate the diagnostics.

I have used HPE IRS several years ago, with acceptable results but with some issues with warranty validation and missed internet connection with remote support page.

I undesrtand that HPE Oneview is able to do the remote support and, apparently, is one more modern solution according to industry trends.

Then, has HPE two products that bassicaly overlapped each other respect to remote support ?

Please give any clues acoording your experience.

Regards

Roger

Roger
3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: OneView vs IRS

Hi Roger,

Remote support : HPE OneView provides IRS that is part of the appliance. For Gen8/Gen9 it will utilize the agentless remote support that is part of iLO 4. It allows appliance registration for remote support and end user Opt-In, contact information and support partner details. Provides service incident forwarding and tracking in HPE OneView with case status updates and optional integration with insight online access

Is Remote Support in HPE OneView replacing Insight RS?

Answer is No. Insight RS will continue for the foreseeable future as it supports a much wider range of HPE products than OneView and Remote Support from HPE OneView.

Please refer HPE Remote Support Enablement in HPE OneView 5.0: Frequently Asked Questions (page number 5), to know about devices which we can enabled for Remote Support from HPE OneView also more Q&N about IRS vs OneView Remote.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05245290

Do I need both Insight RS and Remote Support from HPE OneView?

At this time, only supported enclosures (frames), servers (compute modules) and Interconnects can be enabled for Remote Support from HPE OneView. For all other devices that are not supported by OneView (storage, network), use Insight RS. For 3PAR, use 3PAR Call Home.

Note: HPE Synergy compute modules are not supported by Insight RS.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
RogerVI
Regular Advisor

Thank you very much

Roger
ShehanJ

Hi Amra,

Does customer can login to HPE IRS and monitor status.?

and Can in know whether infosight is capable of HPE IRS functionalities?

Thanks