1752672 Members
5845 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Oneview 5.0 Appliance won't boot - Ran out of disk space

JeffWalczak
Visitor

Oneview 5.0 Appliance won't boot - Ran out of disk space

I've got a Hyper-V Oneview appliance that apparently ran out of disk space a while ago, but kept running for a while then crashed.  We never got any alerts like in the past, but now it won't boot up.  It keeps spewing the error "Falied to open system journal: No space left on device.

Since it won't boot, we can't do any cleanup.  The machine boots enough that I can ssh into it, but only to get to maintenance menu which is not helpful.  The main web page will not render.

I tried resizing the hyper-V disk and rebooted the appliance, but it does not seem to resize the partitions on boot and I still get the "No space left on device" error.

Is there any way for me to get into this appliance to free up space or at least increase partition size? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Oneview 5.0 Appliance won't boot - Ran out of disk space

You will need to open a support case and have it elevated to L2 in order to recover. Your appliance is also very old, and there were some disk space clean up issues in the 5.00 releases.

Once you get it recovered, it is strongly advised you update it to a release that is more current. 6.40 is the current release.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo