4896 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oneview Advance with iLO Advance Lic

blo88om
Occasional Contributor

Oneview Advance with iLO Advance Lic

Hi

Oneview Advance with iLO Advance p/n E5Y34A was purchased. In the Activation Receipt , it shows a table listed with 

1. Installation Instructions pdf

2. HP Insight Control without iLO Adv .lic file

3. OV 3yr .DAT file

And in the pdf there is a note that says,

Note: Users of HPE OneView standalone licenses can find their 25-character iLO Advanced license key (in 5-by-5 format), separated by an underscore, at the end of the HPE OneView license key string. The iLO Advanced license key would appear formatted like тАЬтАж_XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX- XXXXXтАЭ.  

We tried to key in the license key string found inside but it's invalid. ThereтАЩs no iLO key preinstalled also. How can we get the iLO Advanced license key?

In addition, is there a need to add in the license into Oneview Appliance?  In one place it says not required.

[Dear Customer,

Thank you for your license activation at the My License PortalYour license keys and additional instructions (if applicable) are attached to this email.

ATTENTION: The license key for HPE OneView is factory-embedded on the server and is automatically discovered by HPE OneView. Therefore, do NOT manually add the HPE OneView license key to the HPE OneView appliance. This license key is included for future reference in the event of a part replacement where the factory-embedded license is no longer available on the server.]

In another pdf, it says must add the license keys to the management appliance.... so confusing!

12 REPLIES 12
JP_Conklin
Advisor

I have this same problem.  If you save the attachments from the email, the one witht he super long code is what it is looking for.

However, it does NOT matter if a license is applied in OneView. It does NOT effect the preformance in OneView at all!

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The license key you are looking for is contained within the OV 3yr .DAT file.  Please keep in mind that you would only experience this license management if you have existing supported compute that you want to then manage with HPE OneView, or if you happen to purchase your hardware and software on different PO's, resulting in two different orders.  If you purchase the compute hardware and have the HPE OneView Advanced SKU option attached to the quote/order, the license keys are then embedded within either the iLO or Onboard Administrator.  Then, once you add the iLO or Onboard Administrator, the keys are read by the appliance and added to its database.

HPE Synergy does not have a license requirement like this, as it is already included (except for the FCoE license for the Virtual Connect FlexFabric fabric module).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

blo88om
Occasional Contributor

Thanks we'll check it out. Btw the license and HW were purchased together using this p/n E5Y34A (HPE OneView Advanced standalone licenses). So does it mean that if this p/n E5Y43A (HPE OneView Advanced licenses for bundling with ProLiant DL servers) is used mean it won't end up in such situation?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Correct.  The E5Y34A is delivered to customers via electronic process.  E5Y43A is embedded within the iLO at the factory, so you don't have to go to our software entitlement site and generate the license keys.  The license would then automatically be discovered during the Add Server process, and handled for you.  It is a much easier experience.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Marc_BE
Occasional Advisor

Hi Chris,

You seem to be the person I should ask my question to. I recently installed a HPOneView 5.0 VM to manage our c7000 enclosure and chose the "HPE OneView Advanced" license model. Now that my 60 days trial licences have expired I need to by normal ones. I thought I needed to order 1 SKU #BD505A (HPE iLO Advanced 1-server License with 3yr Support on iLO Licensed Features) for each server blade but I'm not so sure any more. Is that correct  or is there another form of license that can be bought at the enclousre level ?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice,

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Marc_BE 

BD505A is an iLO Advanced license, and would not apply to HPE OneView. For new c7000 enclosure purchases, there is an HPE OneVIew 16-node bundle you can buy.  But it is not available individually, only with new enclosure purchase.  You have a few options:

1. Buy 16 x E5Y36A x (number of enclosures you want to manage with supported BL servers)
  2. Buy 16 x E5Y35AAE x (number of enclosures you want to manage with supported BL servers)

#1 is the electronic, individual server SKU that includes both an HPE OneView Advanced and iLO Advanced license.  The second is also an electronic license, but requires an AKA agreement.

If you do not require the iLO Advanced license, you can substitute P8B25A for E5Y36A, or P8B26AAE for E5Y35AAE depending if you want to buy individual licenses, or establish an AKA agreement.

This is detailed in the HPE OneView QuickSpecs.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Marc_BE
Occasional Advisor

Thanks a lot for the clarification : it will avoid us requesting a quote for inappropriate products and I now understand I should buy as many E5Y36A as blades we want to manage. After reading the documentation you directed me to, P8B25A would definitely not suit us since we need the softwaredefined functionality (to manage the interconnects), right ?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

P8B25A is the HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced 1-server license in electronic form.  Any of the 4 I documented above, E5Y36A , E5Y35AAE, P8B25A or P8B26AAE will do.  The main difference between them are the E5 SKU's are for HPE OneView Advanced (includes iLO Advanced), while the P8 SKU's are for HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced.  Any of those provide HPE OneView management functionality, which include Virtual Connect fabric management for c-Class.

You do have 1 more option.  If you purchased Insight Control, iLO Advanced or Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM) in the past for these servers, you are entitled to purchasing the HPE OneView Advanced upgrade license SKU:  F6Q91A.  This SKU is essentially the HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced license.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Luther_Marpaung
Occasional Visitor

Hi Chris,

Where can I do add server process? Sorry I'm a starter in oneview.