5469 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Oneview Appliance Network Configuration

Stegger
Occasional Contributor

Oneview Appliance Network Configuration

Hello,

does anyone know if the onview appliance network adapter has to be in the same subnet than the management interface of the managed Blade Servers? At this moment HP Oneview (deployt on VMware ESX) is in a seperate VLAN but has access to both of our datacenters related management VLAN's.

My problem is that i've several different issues when creating a server profile an manage Firmware and OS Drivers using HP Smart Update Tool. Sometimes it works initialy assign a profile to a server without any erros, sometimes it takes me one day after changing the firmware baseline and getting an OK status that firmware/drivers matches baseline?

I'm facing the issue that oneview drops a lot of packages comming from the balde servers manament IP's?

regards

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Oneview Appliance Network Configuration

Yes, OneView can be deployed on either the same management VLAN or across L3 boundaries.  What makes you believe OneView is dropping packets?  In most cases, the iLO firmware needs to be updated to 2.50, and make sure you have the most current version of HPSUT installed.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Stegger
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply. In our case, both management VLANs are secured by firewall an only full accessible by selected hosts. Oneview is such a host who has full access to management VLAN. Firewall log displays that OneView Host drops massive TCP packets becauseTCP Paclet belongs to no active session....

Nevertheless i found out that maybe extending the repository space has corrupted existing SPP's on Onview. Not even one SPP could be applied. I downloaded another bp-201610-02 SPP and uploaded it - et voilà - now it works as expected.

Hmmmm - the experiences i made until now (1 1/2 years) with oneview - i'm very dissapointed...

regards

Stefan

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Firewall log displays that OneView Host drops massive TCP packets becauseTCP Paclet belongs to no active session....

That would be your firewall terminating connections, not the appliance itself.  OneView doesn't make stateless connections to endpoints.  All connections are stateful, and should not be blocked by your firewall.  Is there a reason why you need to have a firewall between the appliance and the iLO's?

Nevertheless i found out that maybe extending the repository space has corrupted existing SPP's on Onview. Not even one SPP could be applied. I downloaded another bp-201610-02 SPP and uploaded it - et voilà - now it works as expected.

I have other customers who have performed this operation and have not experienced this.  If you are unable to re-upload your baselines to the appliance, I would ask that you open a support case.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo