New Discussion

Re: Oneview and blade's local storage creation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor

Oneview and blade's local storage creation

Hi,

We have OneView 3.08, new c7000 enclosures and Gen9 blades in them. I want to configure local storage on my blades. Are there any prerequisities to do that? Do I need to have SPP in OneView to be able to do that? Because when I create server profile and select to configure local storage on empty blade, Oneview boots blade and that is all I can see, I see that servers pass boot screen and stucks on inability to do something else. I can see that oneview is trying to boot server from spp, but server does not even try to boot from spp. Oneview task times out after some time:/ Jow to fix this problem?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

You will not see activity in the Remote Console.  Activity is expressed within the async task that OneView reports.  Can you provide a screenshot of the task when it "times out"?  A bootable SPP is not required, but would be recommended in order to bypass Intelligent Provisioning if you have an older version installed on the BL Gen9 server.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Rimvydas
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Chris,

Thank you for your answer. Real problem was firewall between iLO and OV server. iLO needed 80 and 443 to OneView to be able to boot from SPP.