New Discussion юеВ

Re: Oneview resetting ilo hostname

SOLVED
Go to solution
UserName1
Frequent Advisor

Oneview resetting ilo hostname

Hi,

Anyone else having a problem since upgrading to 6.30.00-0447630 that when you update from template it is resetting the ilo hostname to the server serial number and you have to manually enter it again?

The profile is set so the ilo name is the the same as the template that is used but seems to be totally ignoring that setting.

15 REPLIES 15
DanCernese
HPE Pro
Solution

Maybe this issue?  "HPE OneView - Changing a Server Firmware Baseline Resets the iLO Hostname to a Default Value"

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00118510en_us

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
UserName1
Frequent Advisor

That looks to be the issue, now just the waiting game for the fix.

Thanks

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

This is a new advisory that I haven't seen before for OneView.  I am looking into this, as the documented impacted releases are 6.10 and 6.20.  We have shipped 6.30 and 6.40 since then.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

OK thanks, we are running 6.3 currently.  If you find anything out that would be great.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I was able to find out more on this.  It currently is a known issue, including the current release (which of this post is 6.40).  We currently have no resolution as it is a core issue to how the product works.  We are exploring ways to address this, but I don't have any path to any other fix than to re-apply the profile settings as noted in the customer advisory.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

Just wanted to check I hadn't missed something, 6.50 has been released and no sign of this being fixed in the realse notes?

Document - HPE OneView 6.5 Release Notes | HPE Support

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

When we fixed it, it was not a customer found incidents.  We do not document all fixes (those that are found internally only) within the release notes, but I can confirm that this is fixed in 6.50.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

Excellent - thanks for confirming that Chris, appreciate the reply.

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

@ChrisLynch Just to let you know this issue is not fixed in 6.50, just applied a new profile and it killed the name again.