New Discussion

Re: Oneview still indicates I need licenses even with iLO licenses

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pber
Advisor

Oneview still indicates I need licenses even with iLO licenses

Hi,

I have many DL380gen9 and gen10 servers with iLO advanced licenses installed on them.  I was told by a "vendor" that is all I needed to start using OneView.  I can add the servers to OneView no problem in "Managed" mode, but it complains on the licensing screen that I need HP OneView Advanced license w/o iLO for every server that I add.

The documentation seems to indicate the iLO licensing should work.  Am I doing something wrong?  Do I need additional licensing to use OneView?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, you were provided the wrong information. HPE OneView has its own license requirement. You can purchase the HPE OneView Advanced Upgrade license if you have already purchased iLO Advanced licensed your servers. You can currently trial OneView, which it will simply nag you that more licenses are needed. It does not expire, but is enforced in the EULA.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Pber
Advisor

So do I need to re-buy a OneView Advanced license with iLO for every server I want to manage, or do I just need to buy a license for the OneView server itself?  

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

HPE OneView licenses are per server, not appliance. I would advise either the HPE OneView Advanced Upgrade or HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced license SKU's. If you purchase the HPE OneView Advanced SKU, it comes with an iLO Advanced license, but do know OneView will not assign that license due to the ILO Adva ced license conflict.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Pber
Advisor

Sigh.  thanks.