HPE OneView
1752782 Members
6247 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Oneview4vCenter, v9.5.1 will NOT connect to vCenter 7.0 - help!

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Oneview4vCenter, v9.5.1 will NOT connect to vCenter 7.0 - help!

I get a certificate pop up asking me to accept, which I do, and then get a red pop up saying:-

Unable to add vCenter.
Unable to reach vCenter xxxx.xxx.xxx to make a connection.

The VMware Compatibility guide says it is fully supported for vSphere 7.0 !

https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?productid=45059&deviceCategory=wcp&details=1&releases=484&partners=515&keyword=45059&wcPluginNames=45059&page=1&display_interval=10&sortColumn=Partner&sortOrder=Asc

I am stuck unable to roll this out for our infrastructure, anyone got any ideas?

The OV4VC has an fqdn and is accessed by the fqdn in the browser. Very frustrated.

5 REPLIES 5
Vijayakannan
HPE Pro

Re: Oneview4vCenter, v9.5.1 will NOT connect to vCenter 7.0 - help!

The vCG listing is wrong. If you check its also listing all the old plugin version is compataible with vSphere 7.0 which is absolutely wrong.

HPE OneView for vCenter 9.5.1 is not supported with vSphere 7.0.

Our future release may support vSphere 7.0. And since this is a public forum, I cannot state a timeline or unannounced version information.

Thanks.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

OK thanks for that.

I wonder if we should hold off and wait for the release then, I have deployed out a v7 infrastructure, so if there is a release this month that would be nice..!

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Im guessing we need the OV4VC connector for the new lifecyle manager for updating the clusters with firmware + esxi at the same time? Just v7 + normal oneview won't work?

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Any chance you might know the release date? I currently have to decide whether to build out a 6.7U3 infrastructure or a 7.0, and OV4VC is the only hold up!

Thanks.

Vijayakannan
HPE Pro

The next version HPE Oneview for VMWare vCenter (OV4VC) will be released soon. And since this is a public forum, I cannot state a timeline or unannounced version information.

As of now OV4VC don't support vLCM. OV4VC have separte cluster firmwate update procedure. You can refer the OV4VC User Guide.

Thanks..

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo