HPE OneView
1753401 Members
7415 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Options for installing new vSphere blades in new c7000 chassis managed by OneView

MattGG
Advisor

Options for installing new vSphere blades in new c7000 chassis managed by OneView

Typical config:  BL460 G9s, vSphere 6, and OneView.

Here are the steps I currently use to configure vSphere hosts:

• Apply OV Servr Profile (applies server config and FW)
  • From OV open the iLO Remote Console (per host) and attach the HP Custom vSphere ISO
  • Reboot hosts and go through each one to configure base vSphere settings (pwd, install location, vMgmt IP info)

Reviewing various HP marketing material it looks like I could possibly use Intelligent Provisioning to auto boot the new hosts to connect to the HP Custom vSphere ISO on a local HTTP server.   This would help, especially if this could be configueed in Server Profile.   However,  what I'd really like to do is to have OneView automatically install new blades with a few clicks.  This was touted with OneView last year,  though I haven't much more about it.   I think this needs Provisionsing server.

Any guidance or links would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-MattGG

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Options for installing new vSphere blades in new c7000 chassis managed by OneView

You are likely asking about the HP OneView for vCenter Plugin and the Grow Cluster feature.  I have attached my HP Discover 2015 Hand-on Lab where students installed and configured the plugin.  I would also suggest you take a look at Administrator Guide located on the Enterprise Information Library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo