New Discussion

Re: Panel that shows servers with temperature above X

SOLVED
Go to solution
BjornM
Frequent Advisor

Thanks!

I did run the update checker, and it did not return any errors, but upgrading was not allowed, probably due to the old bladechassis still connected.

I did see another possible solution though, using the Ilo Amplifier Pack and integrate with Infosight for Servers, seems like an interesting option/route to go.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I did run the update checker, and it did not return any errors, but upgrading was not allowed, probably due to the old bladechassis still connected.

Not sure I follow you.  We haven't deprecated or removed support for any BladeSystem enclosures.  We did remove support for the Cisco Fex module for BladeSystem within OneView, if you were managing it from OneView.  You would have to remove the Cisco Fex modules from the Logical Interconnect Group, then remove the Logical Switch from the appliance prior to updating.

And if that is the case, then iLO Amplifier Pack will not provide you with the same features you are already using.  It is really meant for simple inventory and health monitoring, and is the on-premise aggregator to InfoSight for Servers.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BjornM
Frequent Advisor

It is indeed Cisco Fex modules that are installed.

We are slowly migrating away from the Blade Chassis, and most of the servers are Proliant DL servers. So i think we'll probably try both the Amplifier pack for those, and add them in monitoring mode in a fresh install of the appliance. 

Currently we're really not using any of the features in Oneview for our DL servers, they are just being monitored. 

And Infosight for servers does look interesting, and once Oneview gets support for that, we might do that through Oneview, but for now it seems like the Ilo Amplifier Pack will be the easiest way....