108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Permissions needed to enable Remote Support on a device

SOLVED
Go to solution
NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Permissions needed to enable Remote Support on a device

I have a scope for servers my team manages.  I have sub-scopes under it (one for each member of the team) used to filter alerts on only the servers in that sub-scope  (e.g. only I receive the email alerts for those servers in my sub-scope).  When I try to enable remote support for any of the servers in the main (top level) scope I get accessed is denied.  I have the following permissions to that top level scope:

• Scope Operator
  • Scope Administrator

If I login as local Administrator, then I can enable remote support on any servers in OneView.  What permissions do I need as a normal user to be able to enable remote support for a server in a scope I have the above two permissions to already?

Thanks

NK

2 REPLIES 2
AmRa
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Permissions needed to enable Remote Support on a device

Hi

Please refer HPE OneView 4.2 - User Accounts and Roles article and accordingly give permissions to normal user to enable remote support for a server in a scope.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00067499en_us&docLocale=en_US

In addition to this there ia a way to register many servers at once for Remote Support from HPE OneView
As long as a server is eligible for Remote Support, and Remote Support is enabled, then every server that is imported into HPE OneView to be monitored or managed will be automatically registered for Remote Support. Registration only has to be done once.
In OneView 3.1 and later, keep the following check box checked for this to occur: "Configure existing and automatically set up devices as they are discovered." This is checked by default and should be kept checked. Only clear this check box if you want to manually add remote support for every device.

For more information please refer HPE Remote Support Enablement in HPE OneView 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions.
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05245290

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Permissions needed to enable Remote Support on a device

The required permissions to enable or disable remote support for specific server hardware, you need Server Administrator role.  Obviously Infrastructure Administrator can, but that does not limit permissions on the appliance.  This is incorrectly documented in our online help chapter Enable remote support for server hardware .  We will fix this in a future document update.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo