108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Port information not available on monitored rack servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
AmitG0223
Advisor

Port information not available on monitored rack servers

When monitoring RACK servers, we are unable to view port information compareed to blade hardware. For RACK servers, we get the message "Port information collection is not supported for server in monitored mode". We should be able to get all hardware information when monitoring, by blocking this, it seems HPE OneView is picking and choosing what information is available for monitored. Again, the port information is available on blades in monitor mode.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Can you help me understand what generation of rack servers you are monitoring with OneView?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

In my testing, I have registered Gen10 rack servers, but we will be adding Gen8 and Gen9 rack servers as well.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Thanks for providing this information.  This information helps us with planning and customer requirements.  However, this is the expected behavior today and the current OneView versions.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AmitG0223
Advisor

Thank you, hope this can be handled in the future.

I have a quick question, I am planning on using SCMB to monitor server-hardware changes, do yiou know if SCMB will have "newsubstate" stating that there was a hardware change (i.e. when a NIC or HBA card was replaced)?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I am not aware of that. It isn't a typical state property. I'm not sure if the iLO can even report that information, which would be needed. I'll look into that.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo