HPE OneView
1753468 Members
4510 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Possible to Import existing logical drives using the Update-HPOVServerProfile cmdlet

SOLVED
Go to solution
mrdaniel
Occasional Contributor

Possible to Import existing logical drives using the Update-HPOVServerProfile cmdlet

Problem: I am updating FW in my datacenter using the PowerShell HPOneview.400 module. After applying FW updates, I always have to go into the server profile, click Actions drop-down, click Edit, and under Storage click the edit pen icon, and check the box to "Import existing logical drives".

Question: Is it possible to "Import existing logical drives" using the "Update-HPOVServerProfile" cmdlet which is apart of the HPOneview.400 Powershell module?

Hardware info:

Firmware baseline MAS-SPP-GEN9 2019 07 18 version 2019.07.18.1
Installation Method Firmware only
Server hardware type DL380 Gen9
OneView Firmware 4.00.11-0360315

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Possible to Import existing logical drives using the Update-HPOVServerProfile cmdlet

Welcome @mrdaniel  to the HPE OneView Community Forums.

The Update-HPOVServerProfile Cmdlet is used to update, reapply or refresh the server profile configuration state.  It does not set any values within the profile.  For what you are trying to do, you could use the following script code:

# Get the server profile needed
$ServerProfileToUpdate = Get-HPOVServerProfile -Name MyProfileName

# Import configuration for first controller
$ServerProfileToUpdate.localStorage.controllers[0].importConfiguration = $true

# Save the profile back to the appliance
Set-HPOVResource -InputObject $ServerProfileToUpdate

But I have to ask, why do you need to do this operation?  Is the logical drive configuration being lost during firmware update?  If so, have you opened a support case?

Please also know that Synergy 4.0 is End of Support as of 30-JUN-2019.  So you should evaluate the upgrade procedures to get to 4.10 or 4.20.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo