1748027 Members
4599 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

PowerShell - generate report of all server RAID firmware version

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

PowerShell - generate report of all server RAID firmware version

Does HPOneView.500 provide a means to report on the RAID firwmare version of all "monitored" servers?  I tried using the GUI report tool from the OneView site - but that exports to Excel in a horrible format (all inventory in ONE cell per server) which makes it impossible to sort, filter, etc.  Hoping there is a PowerShell method to accomplish this.

Thanks

NK

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: PowerShell - generate report of all server RAID firmware version

Hi

The OneView POSH library does offer some CMDLETs to collect information about firmware and MAC addresses of the connection including Show-HPOVFirmwareReport or Get-HPOVServer -List.

You canalso use Sample script PowerShell script to get firmware information with addition information.
.\Get-BladeSystemInventory.ps1 -OVApplianceIP 10.254.1.20 -Enclosures "Enclosure1,Enclosure2" -OVApplianceIP 10.254.1.20 -OVAdminName this_user -OVAdminPassword this_password -OneViewModule HPOneView.120

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Is your intention to just get the firmware version of a device?  If so, the Show-HPOVFirmwareReport is a Cmdlet that will generate a CSV-compliant output.

For instance, you can use the following to report server firmware and HPE software (i.e. drivers and utilities):

Get-HPOVServer | Show-HPOVFirmwareReport

Please know that this is independant of the other reporting features found in OneView, including the new Firmware Compliance Dashboard.  The Show-HPOVFirmwareReport can already report compliance based on if a template or group associated resources contain a baseline, or if one is manually provided using the -Baseline parameter.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

DanRobinson
HPE Pro

I think you are asking about the new Customer Advisory related to Gen10 RAID Controllers.

Take a look at this script, I think it does exactly what you want.
https://github.com/HewlettPackard/oneview-powershell-samples/tree/master/OneView-ILO-Inventory-FW-Controller-RAID
There is both OneView and Direct iLO versions.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo