HPE OneView
1753776 Members
7035 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Profile error - the actual state of the server hardware does not match the expected state.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Profile error - the actual state of the server hardware does not match the expected state.

I recently uploaded the latest Gen9 SPP (2010.10) to OV and changed my templates' firmware baseline to use it.  When I update a profile from the template, it fails with error "the actual state of the server hardware does not match the expected state".  Refreshing the hardware and reapplying the profile return the same error.  The only way I can get it to work is to unassign and reassign the profile.  Never had to do this before.  OV version is 5.60.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Profile error - the actual state of the server hardware does not match the expected st

What adapters are in the server? For a test, try to reset the iLO under Diagnostics in the iLO UI.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Re: Profile error - the actual state of the server hardware does not match the expected st

ILO reset did not work.  I manually updated a couple of servers by mounting the ISO via virtual media and it completed successfully.  The spp that I uploaded to OV is the Gen9 Service Pack for ProLiant 2021.10.0, not a custom.

Installed adapters:

Adapters.jpg

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Any additional advice?  I have tried multiple spp downloads, custom and full, with no luck.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please open a support case and have an appliance support dump ready to provide the L2 support engineer.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor
Solution

I opened a case.  The solution was to upgrade oneview from 5.6 to 6.0.