108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant DL380 G6 - Alerts

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Proliant DL380 G6 - Alerts

I know there is limited support for HP DL380 G6 models not having Temp, power and CPU but I did not think that extended to not covering an internal physical drive failure. Happened to visually see a drive down on this G6 server and went in via ilo and saw the system error  / drive failure. Waited and nothing came in visually or alerting that this had occurred on the G6  server. Is this expected? If yes then what is covered on a G6 or is something else required?

Thanks for reading!

cheers,

scottr

2 REPLIES 2
Scott_r
Valued Contributor

Forgot - HP Onview 2.0 using  - IE10 browser.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Supported G6 and G7 servers added to HPE OneView requires that the Insight Manager Agents be installed, with the iLO Configured for Passthrough.  This is required due to the fact the iLO 3 and older does not have an SNMP stack, and never will.  All SNMP queries and traps will be handled by the Server Health Agent running in the OS.

If any G6 or G7 server will have vSphere 5 or newer installed, please know that there are no SNMP agents available for ESXi 5.x or 6.x, as VMware disabled SNMP and prevents ODM's from bundling any SNMP-agents, for in favor of WBEM.  HPE OneView does not support WBEM for health monitoring.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo