1752292 Members
4689 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proper order for deleting LIG uplink port

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Proper order for deleting LIG uplink port

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this but need some confirmation.  I have a LIG that contains 3 LI's.  Port 8 on each of my VC's was connected to an iscsi network that we are no longer using.  I need to delete these uplink ports.  My assumption is that I delete the uplink port from the LIG Which will give me an inconsistency warning on the LI's.  Doing an update from group will clear that up.  Its that simple right?

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, that is correct. What version of HPE OneView are you currently using?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Instead of deleting those uplinks, is there a way to disable them so they'll stop reporting as critical?  Just in case we eve decide to use them again.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The Logical Interconnect Group (LIG) is the expected policy to be deployed.  The associated Logical Interconnect (LI) is the actual configuration.  And if ports associated with an Uplink Set that has been deployed to a Logical Interconnect are in a Failed state (because they are disconnected), this is by design.  Adding and removing the ports from the LI by the way of the LIG can be done online.  When you are ready to use those ports, just add them to your LIG configuration, and then perform an "Update from group" operation at the LI.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo