108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: QSFP on VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 not operational

SOLVED
Go to solution
tylercr
Occasional Visitor

QSFP on VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 not operational

I've got an HP c7000 Chassis with the VC FlexFabric-20/40 F8 networking module. We want to have the complete 40 GB throughput through the QSFP ports available. We're using HPE FlexNetwork X240 40G QSFP+ QSFP+ 3m Direct Attach Copper Cables to connect to a Juniper EX-4600 switch. We are not able to bring the QSFP link up with the DAC cables. We have been able to bring the 10GB SFP ports up with DAC cables.

I ran accross this:

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04933922&sp4ts.oid=6632630

That suggests to change auto-negotiation settings on the FlexNetwork module. Because we have OneView running, we cannot log into the VCM to change auto-negotiation settings. Is there a way to change the auto-negotiation settings via OneView?

5 REPLIES 5
martin2176
Advisor
Solution

When you add the uplink port to Logical Interconnect group: Uplink set, it gives you an option to select the speed: Auto or 40 Gb/s

see attachment

martin2176
Advisor

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Virtual Connect Manager is long gone, and will not be coming back.

As for your issue, you need to select the Q1 interface, not Q1:1.  You would only select Q1:1 if you had the 40Gb QSFP to 10Gb splitter cable.  Just like 10Gb, there isn't autonegotiation with 40Gb.  It either links at 40Gb/Full Duplex or it doesn't due to a transceiver, cable or adm_if_down condition.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

tylercr
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the replies.

Whenever I go to add uplink ports (10 GB SFP or 40 GB QSFP+), the "Speed" and "Auto-Negotiation" options do not appear. There is only: "Interconnect Module", "Bay", "Port", "Capability", and the "Preferred" checkbox.

This is also true on the 10 GB X1 port that is currently operational.

Also, I'm running OneView firmware version 3.00.07-0288219.

tylercr
Occasional Visitor

After updating the firmware, this option became available. Thanks!