1753765 Members
5728 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Query iLO and BIOS configuration

EngAUBap
Occasional Contributor

Query iLO and BIOS configuration

I have my servers monitored by OneView 5.0.

They are Gen10 DL380.

Is it possible to query the iLO and BIOS configuration of each server and export that so I can compare them?

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Query iLO and BIOS configuration

HPE OneView Standard does not offer the ability to inventory a servers software configuration (inlcuding BIOS and firmware settings).  If you wished to collect that information, you will need to use our iLO scripting toolkits to generate a configuration collection, and then create a report from that data.

However, if you were using HPE OneView Advanced (licensed per server), HPE OneView could do this for you with the software policies (aka Server Profiles and Server Profile Templates).  Certain iLO management features were added in the HPE OneView 4.20 release (local user account management, directory group configuration), and enhanced in 5.0 (Gen10 Smart Array ESKIM for data at rest encryption, and iLO Subsystem name).  We have a number of other enhancements to iLO configuration on our roadmap (of which I am unable to share in a public space.)

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

EngAUBap
Occasional Contributor

Re: Query iLO and BIOS configuration

Thanks for the reply.

I do have OneView Advanced with iLO Advanced license.

Is it possible to do this with the servers only being monitored? Or do they need to be managed?