7923 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re-install OneView plug for vCenter

IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Re-install OneView plug for vCenter

Hi,

I've just noticed that I've lost my OneView Plug-in for vCentre. We've recent upgraded VCSA to 7..0.2, I'm not sure if this was the cause.

I was wondering how do I go about re-installing the Plug-In?

We've recently refreshed our ESXi Compute from 4 x C7000 to 2 x Synergy 1200 Frames. It was a pain to have seperate OneView Appliances. One for the C7000 then one each for the Synergy Frames. 

On the OV4VC there;'s an option to add vCenter which isn't available for the Synergy.

If I configure the vCentre on the OV4VC will this install the Plugin? How will this 'connect' to the Synergy Frame?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance

Ian 

8 REPLIES 8
IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Re: Re-install OneView plug for vCenter

I've installed the latest OV4VC (10.2) and configured our vCenter. The OV plugin has now been installed in our VC.

The usual HPE Icons appear in the shortcuts menu, but when I go to Logical Enclosures nothing appears.

How do I add the Synergy Frames? I've looked at VCSA and OV4VC but can't see any options to add the Synerg Frame.

Sorry If I missing something obvious.

Thanks Ian

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Your synergy frames are in your Main Oneview appliance?
You need to setup the connection between OV4VC and Oneview in the vCenter plug-in, and it should pull hardware from Oneview main.

IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks foryour reply,.

At the moment we have 3 x Synergy Frames which have their own OV setup. We connect to each Frame indifvidually to do any config changes to OV.. I belivie its called the Composer.

OneView Global Dashbord (VM) which shows information on the 3 Synergy Frames.

OV4VC which connets to our VC.

Sorry, what do you mean by your 'main oneview appliance;'?

Do we need to bulld another OV Appliance and add the 3 Synergy Frames?

Sorry as you can see I'm rather new to OV.

Thanks Ian

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

You do not need anything else to manage your Synergy Composers.  Think of the Composer as a hardware based version of OneView that manages just that Synergy frame (you can actually have multiple frames managed by a single Composer).  The standalone OneView appliance (implemented as a VM) is for managing non-Synergy (like ProLiant BL, DL, ML).  The standalone OneView appliance cannot manage Synergy Composers.

This is where OneView Global Dshboard comes in. OVGD is an aggregator of all of your Synergy Composers and standalone OneView appliances.

For vCenter, a single instance of the OV4VC appliance can talk to multiple OneView or Syneregy Composer instances (and also multiple vCenters).  So what you need to do is to go into vCenter and go to the Administration section.  Then select HPE OneView for VMware vCenter. Then select OneView Credentials.  From there, add each instance of Synergy Composer that you have.

OV4VC Credentials.jpg

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Hi  Doug,

Thanks for your reply and explanation.

I asked my colleague to log into our VCSA and all the options where available for him! 

We've now added the Synergy Frames. It only took a few minutes :).

I can't undertsand why the optons wern't available for my access.

At least its working now.

Thanks Ian

IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Hi Doug,

For reference this is the message I get when I select OneView Credenitals.

Thanks

Ian

OV Credentials.JPG

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Are you logging in as a user with VMware vSphere administrator roles?  That is a requirement for getting to that.

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
IanElias
Occasional Advisor

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the prompt reply,.

Yes, my account had full admin role in vCenter. Same as my colleague which has the correct optons.

thanks

Ian