1753320 Members
6499 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Relocating and renaming enclosures

Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

Relocating and renaming enclosures

We are building a new data center and will be relocating 4 c7000 enclosures - 1 at a time.  No ip address changes will be required.  Enclosures will be moved one at a time during outage windows.  This will require the enclosures and all blades to be renamed along with all associated references - enclosure group, logical interconnects, etc .  Looking for some advice on the correct order of things.  

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

If you are importing these enclosures in new OneView appliance or existing OneView appliance with Changed names. then follow the same steps  mentioned in HPE OneView Deployment and Management Guide. (page number 39-77)

https://psnow.ext.hpe.com/doc/a00097811en_us

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

sorry just getting around to this.  I am not importing enclosures into Oneview.  They are already there.  The moves to new data center happened a few days ago and the enclosures are all healthy in Oneview.  I have renamed the enclosures in Oneview but still need to rename the logical enclosures, the enclosure group and the OA's in each enclosures and all dns entries that may exist.

I know where to go to change these items but want to know a)is there a particular order and b)is any of it disruptive?

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

Hi

change the name of the enclosures  is not a big problem ,  but  not all of the other Configration Can be change with it