New Discussion

Remote Insight Integrated LightsOut self test error 8192

SOLVED
Go to solution
PetervdnBosch
Occasional Advisor

Remote Insight Integrated LightsOut self test error 8192

Hi All!

today i imported a VCM config in to a OneView Appliance. So far so good except for two blades with this error.

"Remote Insight/ Integrated LightsOut self test error 8192."

Google did not help and the HP site did not either. Anyone seen this before?

Grtz Peter

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Remote Insight Integrated LightsOut self test error 8192

The 'iLO Self Test Error 8192' message typically means there is something wrong with the embedded NAND flash device that is part of the iLO4 engine.  Check the iLO Logs for more information.  You may need to open a support case to have the system board replaced.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Dan Giberson
Occasional Contributor

I too am getting this error, and I'm pretty sure I don't have 39 failed system boards. Any thoughts?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Dan Giberson, I would suggest you open a support case with the Customer Support Center.  As I originally stated, and directly from the iLO team, the iLO Error typically means a bad embedded flash device that is a component of the iLO.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

gobigted
Visitor

Yesterday, I updated iLO firmware on roughly 250 servers at our DR site to version 2.55.  After I finished this upgrade, I noticed a large number of “Remote Insight/ Integrated Lights-Out self test error 8192” alerts that came in from our DR site.  This alert is an indicator of the NAND issue described in this link:  https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097. It appears as though 98 servers generated this alert after the firmware upgrade. 

Version 2.55 has been out since September.  Also, the NAND issue described in the article above specifically says to “Upgrade the iLO 4 firmware to version 2.54 (or later)” as the first resolution step.   It seems as though upgrading to this version caused or triggered the NAND issue.  Running through the NAND steps listed in the link and possibly replacing a large number of system boards will take a tremendous amount of time.  Also, we are upgrading firmware as a step to mitigate for Spectre Meltdown.  We still have our entire local datacenter to upgrade.  I’m not sure I want to do this if we will have to resolve another large number of NAND issues that may be triggered.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should do at this point?  Do I need to open a case just to determine why 98 devices triggered this alert?  Will they need to go through logs for every server?

PistophChristph

So I had 3 with the same issue, when you look at the iLO itself, its under diagnostics you'll probably have something like I did where it said it had "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media manager failed initialization" or something about it not being formatted I think was the other one I got.

So what I had to do was follow the instructions on this page: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04996097

The only thing that wasn't clear was that you have to use the HPQLOCFG.exe from command prompt or powershell, and the syntax would be something like this, depending on your IP, and where you save the *.xml file.

hpqlocfg.exe -s 172.25.x.x -f d:\RIBIC.xml -u Administrator -p Passw0rd

Once you do this, you'll have to reset the ilo if it doesn't automatically, and when you go to the ilo page itself you'll see that error message gone and the yellow alert become green on the diagnostics page.