1745926 Members
4547 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote Support Default Secondary Contact

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

Remote Support Default Secondary Contact

I have noticed that the default primary contact populates on server hardware enabled for remote support but it is required to go in and set a secondary contact manually.

A feature I would like to request is to be able to set a default secondary contact and have it populate that on newly monitored server hardware in the same way the default primary contact populates already.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

That certainly is not expected behavior.  When you add the Remote Support Contact to the Remote Support settings on the appliance and then populate that value in the Data Center(s) you have created.  What appliance version are you using?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

This is on version 3.10.07-0310774.

So you are saying if I was to set that seconday contact on the datacenter level it would work for new server hardware?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

I just assigned the secondary contact to the only customer datacenter defined on the appliance.

I then removed a server hardware from the OneView appliance that had both a primary and secondary contact.

I re-added the same server hardware to the OneView appliance.

The server hardware now only has one Remote Support contact.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Then please open a support case.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

I have opened case number 5323295210.  I think this is readily reproducable behavior and should be easy for anyone with OneView to do.  I think if you have a blade enclosure then of it works differently for new hardware than if you have a rack server.  Ideally I would like an appliance wide default secondary contact though.

Tan_Foo_Siang
Advisor

Did you add the server hardware back to the rack which is linked to the datacenter?

If not, you will only have the default remote support contact.

peyrache
Respected Contributor

Unable to replicate using 3.10 and DL380gen8

JY
Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

In the support ticket I opened I demonstrated to the support representative this behavior.  If you have a new server hardware it does not default to be part of a datacenter.  Furthermore it is not part of a rack.  If assigning the hardware to a rack/datacenter is the workaround then I still ask that there be a feature to add a default secondary contact for people who do not use the datacenter or rack part of OneView or people who simply are forced to recreate server hardware or add it and forget to go through these extra steps.

As an alternative I think it would also work fine if the server hardware had a default spot in a datacenter that allow the OneView administrator to say that new devices go to one specific default datacenter and end up in a default rack which is just a placeholder but would allow there to be a default secondary contact.