1745824 Members
4214 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Remote Support Default Secondary Contact

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

If assigning the hardware to a rack/datacenter is the workaround then I still ask that there be a feature to add a default secondary contact for people who do not use the datacenter or rack part of OneView or people who simply are forced to recreate server hardware or add it and forget to go through these extra steps.

That is not how the product was designed.  Creating a Datacenter and putting resources into the data center helps with configuring Remote Support, as they will inherit the DC settings.  Otherwise, you are left with manually managing individual systems REmote Support configuration.

Plus, when you add your resources to racks and within a data center, you get a better visual representation of that data center.  HPE iPDU's and Location Discovery Services aid in that configuration, and can automatically place resources into the right location.  HPE BladeSystem also can place resources within a rack correctly without iPDU's and Location Discovery Services.   

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

The product has a default datacenter address and default primary contact defined.  This is just a simple feature request to also add a default secondary contact.  I know I can manually add the secondary contact to devices and I know how to add them to racks and datacenters.  I have had specific cases which I am more than happy to discuss offline that have required recreating server hardware usually due to corrupted iLo NAND and the server profile / hardware cannot be salvaged.  Also if a customer simply does want to designate the HPE OneView rack to put the equipment into because documenting the location of installed equipment is too time consuming in the beginning of a project then they have to manually go into each piece of equipment and set the remote support secondary contact becuase it seems you can't just assign equipment to a Datacenter you have to position it into a rack as well.  If this request is so against the way the product is designed to be used then why bother including any default remote support information at all?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As it stands right now, setting the Secondary Contact is configured at the DataCenter, Enclosure, or Server resource.  I will pass your feedback to the product owner.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo