1753439 Members
4865 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Remote Support and Maximum number of 75000 Alerts email filter needed

Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

Remote Support and Maximum number of 75000 Alerts email filter needed

I have 10 to 20 installs of HPE OneView across different customers and I find that these two messages are causing a lot of email to be generated that is unwanted.  Can anyone provide me with an email filter to prevent these two messages from being sent specifically?

HPE OneView VM - <platform> Alert from Time and Locale - The maximum number of 75000 alerts has been reached

Alert from Remote Support - Remote support is unable to connect to HPE.

Both of these messages happen frequently enough to cause email fatigue on one install of OneView.  An email filter would help prevent these alerts from being sent and ultimately keep email alerts as a viable option for my customers.

The remote support error has been a constant issue since the release of OneView 3.0.  I think this alert should only be produced after an extended outage more than 24 hours but I get this alert sometimes multiple times a day from multiple different customers.

The HPE OneView VM - <platform> Alert from Time and Locale - The maximum number of 75000 alerts has been reached alert seems to be new starting around last year however it should be classified as a lower severity alert and not sent as a Warning or Critical alert.

I currently use "status:warning" and "status:critical" for my current email alert filter however I am looking for a filter to exclude these two messages which I do not ever want to see.  Can anyone help with a different email alert filter?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Kelly M Knowles
Advisor

I REALLY need the developers of OneView to consider the effect of mass email storms that come from these two events:

I get bombarded with them constantly as well as my dozens of customers which use OneView.  This has been an ongoing problem for years and I would like the ability to filter these messages out from being sent from the appliances without losing other email alerts.

ajav01
HPE Pro

HI,

please log a case with HPE support team and touch base ASM for product enhacement request. 

regards

I am a HPE Employee
GuruNagireddy
HPE Pro

Hi,

Can you please check why you are getting this alert? Did you configure NTP server? If yes , your NTP server might be down.

Correcting this might solve your alerting issue.

Thanks,

Guru

I am a HPE Employee
Mainecoon
Advisor

Not sure what this should have todo with NTP.

I'm also getting these error's as above, very useless and still no clue to find out how to filter them.

JTodd1
Frequent Advisor

Hi - We have a defect about the unable to connect to remote support issue being too sensitive. We are resolving in the next release. Please plan to upgrade once that release is made available. 

I am an HPE employee
Mainecoon
Advisor

In the meantime you can use this as a filter entry:

"NOT alertTypeID:remote-support.notconnectedtohp"

I am NOT an HPE employee